Thursday, May 14, 2009

Will Porter & Gryffin survive to 16? Stay tuned to find out...

I absolutely adore my children. That being said, I feel my boys are really going to give me a run for my money.

In the past week, I've caught them drawing on the walls (AGAIN!!!), unfolding the newly folded clothes (2 minutes prior) and Gryffin taking permenant marker to himself. Oh, and Gryffin climbed on top of my washing machine and got stuck. Later that day I had no cold water for the washer. He had shut if off while stuck on said washing machine.

JUST TODAY, both of them on my countertop trying to get candy (7:30 am - caught them after I got out of the shower), shortly after they completely stripped their beds of all linens, the time it took to make my lunch Gryffin was screaming downstairs - he was stuck on top of the deep freezer, 30 min later I had no water running in my house - Gryffin flipped the breaker downstairs while on top of the freezer (thank you Uncle Jerod for figuring that out..), while I was at piano with Fiona both boys climbed up to the key hooks and took both sets of keys for the lawnmower - Jake didn't notice until he heard a strange clicking noise outside.

I'm sure there is more that I'll discover later but I'm too tired to check. So I ask...any of you who have boys...is this what the rest of my life will be like? I'm going to need a lot more Coke and chocolate........................................

6 comments:

  1. I laughed my little patooty off...oh man! And can you imagine what they're saying to each other when you're not around or maybe they're not saying anything...maybe its just that look. hehe lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest boy is only 5 and I have to tell you my "grapes of wrath" story: I had visiting teachers so I made a little snack of crackers and grapes for my little 5 year old and his buddy I was watching. I could hear them giggling in the background but I just ignored it (I was trying to have adult conversation for at least 30 minutes uninterrupted). This was a mistake!! When the visiting teachers left I walked into my kitchen to find that they were throwing grapes all over the cupboards, microwave, wall, and even the TV in the family room. They said they liked how they exploded and then the juice ran down!!! I am still finding little "spots" on the walls and it was over two weeks ago! I don't know if I'll last until he's sixteen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my blog went private!! Send me your email if you wanna be my friend!!

    briannamallen80@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since they are so close together, you are in for it! There will always be a mastermind and a willing accomplice! Good luck...I did have to laugh!!! Too fuuny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I only new about the breaker, I have literal tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard, sorry beck, but I think you could write a tell-all book & publish it (with that masters degree you'll have in a few years)

    At least their cute, that has to get them out of some trouble??

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha thanks for the laugh Becky (at your expense...) When I come home I will take the boys out and wear them out so much you won't even notice them when I bring them back!! I look up to you so much...one the greatest moms ever in my book...Love you!

    ReplyDelete