Monday, January 26, 2009

Boys will be boys

I love to quietly watch my boys when they are playing. It's always interesting to see what they come up with. When Porter gets out his trucks, trains, cars and/or tractors, he systematically lines them up. Then yesterday afternoon, I came in my kitchen after laying Gryffin down for a nap and Porter had lined his big trucks and tractors on the back of my couch. Where do they come up with this.

Speaking of the antics of little boys....Gryffin loves to run and spin. He also has a bad habit of not paying attention to his surroundings. Wednesday night he kept spinning until he would get dizzy. Unfortunately, he was doing it by the kitchen table and wooden chairs. Kennedy tried to help him as his dizziness caught up with him but....smack! The middle of his forehead met the seat of a chair. The bump was instant as was the blue and purple. Jake took a picture of him last night. (...sidenote: Gryffin lets Daddy or even Aunt Jasmine take his picture but still not me...) His forehead is brown and yellow, with a ghastly ring of blue still lingering.


Boys will be boys...and will constantly worry their mother.




3 comments:

  1. That is quite the goose egg!! Wow, that must have hurt!! I love the picture of his big smile after the fact, boys are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Braden had one about a week ago that matched it perfectly. His came from running at school in cowboy boots, slipping on gravel and running headfirst into the fence. I personally believe that if you haven't had one at some point, you haven't really lived. Good to catch up with you Becky. Take care,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember playing with Josh when we were little and I remember he would line up all his cars as well.

    ReplyDelete