Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kids say the darndest things...

My kids constantly crack me up. Here are some of their latest:

Fiona won a prize at a church Halloween party - a flavored lipgloss set. She was so excited to show it to me and tell me about the flavors, "Mom, look, there's cherry, root beer, ice cream, and Made in China". I didn't explain to her that the "Made in China" was not the flavor but that the "Orange Cream" that was written above it was. I'm still giggling over that one.

This weekend we had stake conference. Any of you who have small children know that they get a bit restless after a while. Well, Porter was ready to go home. He had read all of his books and colored as much as he wanted to. I told him to sit still and went back to listening to the speaker. She (mission President's wife) was comparing what life is like walking in high school hallways vs walking through the temple doors. She then asked how our home fit in. She then asked (rhetorically) how we want our homes to be. Just as loud as he could, "HAPPY!" At least he was listening, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment