Monday, October 26, 2009

Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


What do you get when you cross two mischevious boys & a featherbed topper? An entire room (and boys) covered in feathers.

They never cease to make me wonder about their thought process. First, they were in the spare bedroom in the basement - a room they weren't supposed to be in in the first place. Second, when they intially popped or ripped the topper, you would think that they would realize they had done something wrong. Third, why did it seem like a good idea to roll in and toss the feathers everywhere. Fourth, they came upstairs giggling and eager to find me and tell me what they had done.

Thinking it would be a punishment to make them clean up the mess, I swept the feathers in a big pile for them to put in a garbage bag. Immediately I realized this was not going to be a punishment. They were giggling at all of the feathers, and dancing as they took turns putting them in the bag. Sidenote: I was proud of them for remembering to say please and thank you as they took turns opening and holding the garbage bag. As they continued to get sillier and sillier, I had to pull out the big guns and threaten what I promised myself I would never threaten: "If you guys don't straighten up and stop making these messes, I will call Santa and tell him to keep your presents at the North Pole." This brought some somberness to their mood and I think they got the point.

Once they were done cleaning their part, I let them go upstairs to play. I told them to stay out of the (food) cupboards. Where was the first place they went? They are not quiet, even when they are trying to be quiet, they are not quiet. I heard them open the cupboard where there is some candy. Then I heard Porter "whisper" for Gryffin to hurry. So, I quietly crept up the stairs and stood in the living room waiting for them to see me. They both started to run to the bathroom and ran into me. With fists full of bubblegum the only thing they could think to say was, "What?"

I love them sooooo very much but seriously. I'm going gray here! I know for a fact Heavenly Father is getting some good laughing at my expense. :) I should have taken a picture but I was a bit upset at the mess.

2 comments:

  1. I can visualize exactly what you described. I don't even know what to say as I never had 2 boys getting into trouble. I just know they think differently than girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that would have been a fun picture!? I know how you feel with 4 boys of my own, though I think my youngest little girl is just as ingenious as any of them. Keep smilin and hang in there Love ya Beck!

    ReplyDelete